Dear Sir or Madam,
Our IT security detected IT irregularities on April 29th, 2022. Response measures were implemented immediately in accordance with pre-planned security protocols. Subsequently, it has been confirmed that SIXT was subject to a cyber-attack, which we were able to contain at an early stage.
As a standard precautionary measure, access to IT systems was immediately restricted. We were able to keep the website and apps up and running to provide business continuity to you. However, temporary disruptions, particularly in customer care centers and selective branches, are likely to occur in the short term.
What does that mean for existing and new reservations?
- Reservations that are already confirmed will be attended to at the branches.
- There may be restrictions on new reservations for a few days.
- Deliveries and pickups are temporarily unavailable.
- To make changes to existing reservations, please use our self-service tool as our customer service may currently experience technical issues.
- Invoices will be issued with a delay.
- Existing reservations can only be paid via credit card.
Which booking channels can currently be used?
- New bookings via the SIXT website and the SIXT app are possible with payment by credit card.
- Bookings via GDS, OBE and GDV interfaces are currently not possible.
- Customers with their own booking link are asked to place their bookings via the SIXT website or the SIXT app.
SIXT ride is bookable without restrictions in all channels (SIXT Web & App, OBE, GDS). If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, as the SIXT ride customer service is currently not available via the usual contact details.
We take the incident very seriously and have initiated an investigation with internal and external experts. Currently, we cannot fully rule out the possibility that your data may have been accessed through the cyber-attack. We are checking this thoroughly. According to what we currently know, there is no such risk. Should this change, we will inform you immediately.
We will get back to you as soon as further information is available. Thank you for your understanding and patience until we have fully restored the systems. As mentioned above, we expect this to be the case in a few days.
President Corporate Sales SIXT AG