The system offers you an option to define the travel policies in order to restrict the booking possibilities of travellers.
Select "administration" -> "travel guidelines" and click "add" to create travel policies. For the company, a travel policy can be defined for all employees or different policies can be defined at the department or employee level.
Please note that a travel policy is only active if it has been assigned accordingly to branches, departments or employees.
If you want to create a travel policy for a department, please proceed as follows:
- Add a new travel policy.
- Name the travel policy.
- Set the restrictions for hotel and/or flight, rental car and train.
- Save the travel policy.
- Select the desired department (administration -> department).
- Assign the above-named travel policy to the desired department (administration ->department -> change department).
Create a travel policy with the setting "travel request required":
First, you can give the travel policy a name, such as: "travel policy_apprentice". Then activate e.g. the item "general" - the area changes color from gray to white. Now you can optionally give a travel budget that applies per month, quarter or year. It is now defined whether the apprentice can not book a journey directly and a travel request is necessary in advance.
The following parameters can be specified for the flight booking module:
- Only from a flight time of X hours a flight can be booked
- The employee can not book business class on domestic flights
- Business class can be booked on international flights
- Business class can only be booked from X hours total flight time
- It is always the cheapest flight to book
- The booked flight can only be X% more expensive than the cheapest flight available at the time
- The booked flight must not cost more than X Euro
For the presentation of the search results you can choose between the options "filter" and "mark" for the flight travel policy. The "filter" option does not show any results that are conflicting with the travel policy. If you select "mark" the results not fitting into the travel policy will be highlighted in red and a comment will be required at the time of booking. It is also possible that offers with travel policy violations can only be made by third parties (booking authorized persons).
Furthermore, you can recommend rebookable tariffs or fares with luggage to the traveller and offer the possibility to book paid seats.
The following parameters can be defined for the hotel booking module:
- The general price limit per hotel night is X Euro for Germany (or abroad)
- Definition of price limits by population category for Germany e.g. the price limit for cities with less than 50,000 inhabitants is X Euro
- Only best buy offers can be booked
- Only hotels up to X stars can be booked
- No pre-paid rates can be booked
For the presentation of the search results you can choose between the options "filter" and "mark" for the flight travel policy. The "filter" option does not show results that are conflicting with the travel policy. If you select "mark" the results not fitting into the travel policy will be highlighted in red and a comment will be required at the time of booking.
The following parameters can be defined for the rental car booking module:
- The employee is not allowed to book a rental car.
- The cost of the rental car per day can not exceed X Euro.
- A rental car with several passengers can cost max. X Euro.
- For a solo trip vehicle class X is available.
- For more than one traveller, vehicle class X can be booked.
- Only best buy offers can be booked.
- The booked car can be X% more expensive than the cheapest car.
The travel policy can be changed by the authorized person at any time. However, it should be noted that open communication with employees is very important.
The following parameters can be defined for the train booking module:
- The employee can not book 1st class.
- The employee can book 1st class from a simple railway line worth X Euro.
- Which BahnCard the employee needs and the estimated train travel.